ICD9 will be hosting the following competitions:
(Certificates will be awarded and all prizes will be academic books on Diptera).
Fly photography (open to all delegates)
- Photographs should either depict Diptera in life or other digital formats of flies or fly structures.
- A maximum of two photographs per person can be submitted for judging.
- Photographs must be printed and should be 8″ x 10″ (20 cm x 25 cm) in size.
- Photographs will be erected on poster boards provided in the foyer area, with the photograph’s name.
- We hope the competition will be judged by Stephen A. Marshall and/or Robert R. Copeland and will be judged on composition, originality and clarity.
- Certificates and prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place at the ICD9 closing ceremony and winning photographs will be posted on the ICD9 website.
- All decisions regarding the outcome of competitions are at the discretion of the judges and all decisions are final.
- Those delegates wishing to enter the competition should contact Mary Kirk-Spriggs.
Best student presentation (open to registered students only)
Best student poster (open to registered students only)
- Presentations and posters will be judged by a selection panel of leading dipterists.
- Only full-time students who provide a letter from their supervisor (promoter) or university upon registration are eligible.
- Prizes and certificates will be awarded for first and second place at the ICD9 closing ceremony.
- All decisions regarding the outcome of competitions are at the discretion of the judging panel and all decisions are final.
We acknowledge the following sponsors of prizes: